Sodium bicarbonate, commonly known as baking soda, is probably the cheapest health remedy worldwide. It is extremely effective in combating everything, from the common cold to cancer, and it is very beneficial for oral and skin health too. Baking soda is definitely something you want in your home pharmacy. Some of the health benefits of baking soda include:
- It prevents kidney stones, bladder infection and hyperkalemia
- It can reduces the risk of diarrhea, metabolic acidosis, peptic ulcer and acidity as well as treat them
- It is effective in plaque removal and treating cold and flu
- It possess antipruiritic properties which help maintain healthy skin
- It is an excellent source of sodium
Old Wives` Remedies
- The mixture of water and baking soda is the best way to relive your muscles after an intensive and hard training.
- Put some baking soda on a used nail brush and scrub your nails to remove nail fungus and grime.
- If you want to relieve itching, soreness, and odor of your hands and feet, soak them for about 20 minutes in a bath prepared out of warm water, a tablespoon of salt, three tablespoons baking soda, and a tablespoon of peppermint essential oil.
- Use baking soda as toothpaste and natural whitening agent. All you have to do is to sprinkle some baking soda onto your toothbrush and brush your teeth as you normally do.
- Get rid of the bad breath by gargling with some baking soda and water.
In addition to these, baking soda has many other uses and benefits which are less known. Keep reading and find out how to make the most of it.
- You can use baking soda to relieve itching from poison ivy and oak as well as to relieve insect bites and bee stings.
- Baking soda can be used to remove dead skin and excess oil from your face. Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with teaspoon of water and use this mixture to scrub your face with.
- Mix some baking soda and water to dry out herpes and canker sores.
Home Remedies for Acid Reflux
You should mix ½ teaspoon of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice or organic apple cider vinegar. Make sure you use a bigger cup to make the mixture in, as it will fizz. Once the bubbling stops, add 8 oz. water. The solution should be consumed all at once! Given the fact that it neutralizes the pH levels, this solution will help you create an alkaline environment in your body and relieve acid reflux.
Baking soda can be also used to relieve GERD symptoms and heartburn. Mix ½ teaspoon baking soda with 16 oz. water and drink the solution.
Other Baking Soda Home Remedies
- Mark Sircus is the author of the book entitled “Sodium Bicarbonate” in which he explains the findings of Dr. Simoncini. These findings are linked to cancer overgrowth and alternative treatments with baking soda. According to Dr. Mark, one of the most effective ways to prevent systematic fungal infections and protect yourself from cancer and diabetes is to use a mixture of baking soda and molasses.
- Douche with a mixture of a tablespoon baking soda mixed with warm water to stop itching and kill off Candida yeast.
- Thrombosis can be relieved with the use of baking soda mixture with ACV or lemon juice.
- Urinary tract infection can be treated with the consumption of 8 oz. water mixed with ½ teaspoon of baking soda, twice a day.
- Remove the oral thrush with gargling with baking soda and water.
Pregnant women, nursing women, and children under the age of 5 shouldn’t use baking soda remedies. Although it is safe when used as instructed, baking soda can cause some side effects, especially when it interacts with certain medications. People who are on a low sodium diet shouldn’t use baking soda home remedies neither, as it may deplete their body of essential vitamins and minerals. Therefore, before you start using some baking soda remedy, don’t forget to consult your doctor first. Moreover, don’t use baking soda remedies more than two weeks without consulting your doctor.Ultimately, you should also know that baking soda shouldn’t be used in its dry form, so make sure you dissolve it in a liquid first.